Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!

Glorious, glorious, glorious happenings in Casa B.

Last night Isa refused to fall asleep as I was bouncing/rocking her post-bottle. She wasn't fussy at all, just laid in my arms looking at me sweetly. So, I put her in the crib to chill. Usually she'll play for about 10 minutes then yell for me to come try the bouncing/rocking again. After a round or maybe two of this, she'll usually fall asleep for good. Well, last night she played for about 1/2 an hour. And then it got very quiet.... I looked in and she'd played herself to sleep! She was completely perpendicular with blankets strewn over her in odd ways, but she was asleep. Without my help.

And it just gets better. Last night was also the first time that she slept through the night!!!!!!! For the last couple weeks she has switched to only one bottle during night, which I thought was fabulous enough. Well, let me tell you that getting a full 7 hours of sleep is just brilliant. I'm practically giddy. I realize that this was probably a fluke, but it proves to me that she CAN go that long without eating and gives me the hope that it won't be too much longer before it's the norm.

Isa also had a very, very full diaper this morning after several days without any action. Which means that I don't have to go the route of a glycerin suppository (which I think would be traumatizing for everyone) and she was much happier as well.

Fabulous all around. Fingers crossed for tonight.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the 7 hours of sleep!! My problem these days is not Pacey, it is my dog who wakes me up;-) Gotta love that!!!

veggiemom said...

Yay, Isa!!! Keep it up, girl!
Kerri and Ruby