Thursday, January 17, 2008

There, but for the grace of God....

There was big news in the realm of Ethiopian adoption today. A family's dossier was rejected by the Ethiopian government and they are banned from adopting from Ethiopia. The reason is that they had posted their referral's photo on their blog prior to successfully passing court.

Now that I know about the rule against posting photos, it makes sense- this is not my child until after successfully passing court. I don't have the legal right to put her picture into the public realm yet. But, I didn't know that when I got my referral. I wasn't calmly, logically thinking about things like that. I was shouting from the rooftops "I have a daughter!!!!". (And haven't stopped shouting it since.....)

So, today please say a prayer for that family and their journey. May they find their child, even though that child will now not be from Ethiopia as they had planned.

No comments: