Wednesday, January 9, 2008

December Part Deux


The "official" monthly update came the Friday before Christmas. My heart dropped because it looked like they'd cut off all her gorgeous curls. Looking a little closer, I could see they'd actually done her hair up in little ponytails. It's very comforting to know that she's getting the kind of care where they actually take the time to get her all gussied up like that. Of course, now I have to somehow learn how to do hair, too....

The day of the 2nd court date finally arrived.... and I am officially a mom!!!!

Along with that wonderful news, the agency gave me my travel dates. Now comes the fun of planning all the travel. To make everything simple, Mom and I are going to stay at the agency guesthouse. It will cost more than making arrangements at a separate guesthouse, but the price includes everything- the room, up to 3 meals a day, the driver around Addis Ababa, even the option of laundry.

At this point, the plane tickets are booked. Mom and I leave February 9th, arriving in Addis Ababa on February 11th. My Embassy date to get her visa is on Valentine's Day. Because the following Monday is a holiday, we won't get her visa and therefore, be able to fly back, until the 19th. Now we just need to figure out what, aside from loving on Isa, we are going to do with our time while in Ethiopia. I know that we'll head out to Dire Dawa to see where she was born.

Head spinning.... sooooooo much to get done in the next 5 weeks!

PS- I promise to try and be my witty/sarcastic self in future entries. This was kamakazi blogging to get everything up to speed and my brain had enough trouble being grammatically correct (verb tense being my primary enemy tonight).

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

Yay for the blog! Nice work!

I'm so excited to get to follow along with your journey.

xoxo